Students in our three year old classrooms are growing into learners of tomorrow! Their inquisitive minds are working hard to understand things like sight words, numerical concepts and writing skills. Our “Active Minds” curriculum personalizes learning for each student. It allows teachers to structure their lessons around various academic styles and abilities. Students in the Trailblazers and Pathfinders Program are eagerly preparing for Pre K and what better way than to learn by doing? In addition to “Active Minds”, students learn through center based discovery and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). These concepts encourage children to ask “why” and “how” while exploring how things operate.
Some of the learning opportunities in the Trailblazers and Pathfinders Program include:
- Lacing, gluing and coloring all promote fine, large and gross motor skills.
- Writing skills are exercised by learning to hold a pencil and writing words.
- Small group opportunities give students a chance to learn from their peers.
- Numbers to 100 and beyond are observed through classification and sequencing.
- Basic sight words allow beginning readers to put sentences together.
These continuing preschool years are important to the physical, mental and social growth of each child. They are learning how to get along with others while recognizing their unlimited potential. Teachers work with parents to guide them to a path to success. We encourage all families to share any questions or concerns with Akers Academy so we can ensure that parents and students feel happy, safe and content!